Seasonal, Part-time, Non-exempt
Café Mingei is looking for a self-sufficient, adaptable and dependable individual who can work efficiently in a fast-paced coffee shop environment.
- Create a welcoming environment for our diverse customers
- Prepare and provide high-quality beverages and food products
- Respect the work environment by maintaining cleanliness and visual presentation based on Café and Museum standards
- Be a collaborative team player with our small team of baristas
- Maintain a respectful, calm demeanor in stressful situations
- Adhere to health, safety and sanitation guidelines
- Customer service, food service, or retail experience required
- Barista experience heavily preferred
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of our products and the Museum’s Mission and goals.
- The ability to reach, bend and stoop as required to perform all functions of the job and to lift (or assist in lifting) objects up to 25lbs. on a regular basis.
HOURS OF OPERATION / AVAILABILITY:
We are open every day from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Our hours of operation are from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Our needs are Friday, Saturday, Sunday with some availability during the week. Depending on availability, we can offer up to 30 hours.
We are a small closely-knit team that requires collaboration and clear communication. Please include your resume and a cover letter that includes your availability and also explains your genuine interest in coffee/tea, cafe culture, Balboa Park or a related topic.