- This event has passed.
Calendar / Free Tuesday
Everyone is welcome
Tuesday June 19, 2018 at 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 10:00am on day Third of the month, repeating until Tuesday August 21, 2018
On the third Tuesday of each month, Mingei International Museum extends free admission to all.
- Groups will be admitted on Free Tuesday one at a time, on a first come first serve basis.
- Hourly time slots are assigned to groups onsite upon check in
- Sign-up for a time slot at the Museum’s reception desk upon arrival
- Group size is limited to 40 people per hour
School and Camp Groups
- Kindergarten through middle school groups must have one (1) adult chaperone for every eight (8) students
- High school groups must have one (1) adult chaperone for every twelve (12) students
- Adult chaperones must stay with and supervise students at all times
- The Museum may ask groups to leave based on behavioral misconduct
Group tours are not available on Free Tuesday. Groups are encouraged to schedule visits and tours outside of Free Tuesday. Free admission is available to K-12 and college student groups, when scheduled in advance.
Please note: Other Museums that participate in Free Tuesday may only allow admission to San Diego Residents. Daily docent tours are not available on Free Tuesday.