- This event has passed.
Calendar / Oaxaca, Mexico
Fall Art Excursion
Saturday October 15, 2016 - Friday October 21, 2016
Get in touch with your inner globetrotter on a 7-day immersive folk art excursion to Oaxaca, Mexico. An intimate group of travelers, including Mingei Director, Rob Sidner, will embark on an extraordinary Mexican getaway exploring the arts, culture and people of Oaxaca.
PROPOSED ITINERARY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Walking tour of Oaxaca city, including a visit to Oaxacan pottery guild, Colectivo 1050, and dialog with founders
- Traditional regional weekly market in Tlacolula
- Visit the ranch of Alejandro Santiago to see 2501 Migrants, life-size symbolic statues of indigenous people crossing the border
- Tour of the Oaxacan Textile Museum
- Home cooked lunch in Zapotec household
- Time in Teotitlan del Valle (Zapotec tapestry weaving village) with a visit to an exceptional natural dyer and weaver
INCLUDED: Six-night hotel accommodations in a shared room (with a Mingei traveler) at Hotel Un Sueño, six breakfasts, five lunches and two dinners, all local transport in private air-conditioned vans, tour guides, all entry and demonstration fees, all meal tips and $375 tax-deductible donation to Mingei International Museum.
NOT INCLUDED: Airfare, airport transfer, alcoholic beverages, tips to tour guides and for room service.
Note: There are flight options from San Diego to Oaxaca as well as from the Tijuana International Airport to Oaxaca.
Reservations: (619) 704-7517