- This event has passed.
Calendar / Professional Development Workshop For Educators
Wednesday January 23, 2019 at 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Educators are invited to a professional development opportunity on Wednesday, January 23 from 1:30 – 4:30pm at Joyner Elementary.
Join us to learn polymer clay bead making in a classroom setting. Discover how to build art studio practice with your students. You will explore conditioning clay, teardrop blending, caning, and knot tying for jewelry. The lesson is inspired by the Mingei’s extensive bead and jewelry collection that can be found online at www.mingei.org/collections.
The session and opportunity will include:
- FREE Materials to implement the project and lesson in your classroom
- Free lunch and refreshments
- Development of inquiry and critical thinking skills based on strategies that focus on art as a vehicle for student learning
- Authentic hands-on art project and processes and tips on how to implement and adapt for your classroom
- An opportunity to schedule a Mingei Away classroom visit at no cost
This workshop is geared towards students in grades 3-5 but can be adapted to other levels. RSVP required; space limited.
*This workshop is currently SOLD OUT. Please email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.